Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Mindful Challenge - Day 4



Living Mindfully - Mindful Ground
Now write a post or grab your journal and write about your reflections, experience and share your story.
If my body could talk, I think it would say, "Good work!  Now stay consistent and take it to the next level by giving me some strength training!"

I've spent the last year taking the necessary steps to downshift from being a full-time working mom to a part-time working mom so that I could take better care of my family and myself.  I have a lot of years left to make money, but only a precious few to spend with my kids while they are still at home with me.
It's been 6 months now, and my body and my family are so much happier.  I can tell that I need some strength training, though, so I'm experimenting with the best way to work that into my schedule as a consistent habit.

Being mindful is key to taking care of your body.  When I'm mindful, my body can tell me if I'm hungry or bored - 2 things my head often confuses when I let it detach from my body.  My body also tells me what exactly I am hungry for - like water instead of food, or carrots and guacamole instead of chips and hot sauce.  But again, that only works when I'm connected and aware. 

No comments:

Post a Comment