Friday, November 1, 2013

Mindful Challenge - Day 1

To me, being mindful means being guided by your highest self.  When I'm mindful, it feels like I'm floating happily through my day.  I have the same feeling I experienced floating in the sun on the lake with my Meme and my cousin, floating in our pool with my highschool girlfriends, floating down the Guadalupe in an innertube with my college friends, floating in the Lazy River on vacation with my family.  I can just enjoy the ride, the company, the beauty of my surroundings, how blessed I am.  Just like I surrender and let the water carry me, being mindful is surrendering and trusting that Spirit is carrying me.

And when I'm mindful, I'm not stressed or pressured by guilt or fear or expectations or comparisons or anxiety or discomfort.  There's a confidence in your highest self that allows you to release what others think you should be or do (or what I often imagine others might think).

I'm learning to expand my moments of mindfulness to eventually become my default mode.  I'm also hoping to learn how to catch myself earlier when I start unnecessarily padding against the stream so I can more quickly get back on course.

No comments:

Post a Comment